Re: Generic Linux / clib question

On Fri, 2024-02-09 at 17:37 -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Fri, Feb 09, 2024 at 02:30:54PM -0800, Van Snyder wrote:
Years ago, I knew the name of the routines one could use to have some
stdin history and be able to edit it, like you can do in XTerm or
gnuplot or ....

I can't remember them now, or find them.

I think you're talking about the readline library, which is used by bash
(I assume that's what you meant by "XTerm") and some other programs.

What, exactly, are you trying to do?

I'm hoping to convince Intel to add it to the stdin runtime support for ifx and ifort Fortran compilers.