Re: Getting my PCMCIA Serial card to work

Anders Andersson <pipatron@gmail.com> writes:

> When I searched for "spectrum_cs" and "orinico" I got a lot of results
> for some PC Card WLAN interface, which isn't right. Does anyone
> recognize this? It should have a bog-standard 16550 compatible UART
> and PCMCIA is more or less an ISA bus so I did not foresee any
> problem. Is it perhaps incorrectly detecting my card as a WLAN card?

It's probably been about 20 years since I've used a PCMCIA card in
Linux.

Anyways, do you have the pcmciautils package installed? That provides
some useful tools to figure things out. udev rules too, presumably to
autoload drivers. That card should probably work with the serial_cs
driver.