Re: Encrypted home and pam_mount

On 03/03/2024 02:46, Andrey Dogadkin wrote:
Automounting works fine, but I'm having trouble with auto-unmounting
when I log out. The partition stays mounted and I can see "target is
busy" errors from umount in the journal.

It is an issue with ecryptfs and fscrypt as well.

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/8598#issuecomment-376845082
"systemd-user doesn't properly close its PAM session"

systemd-logind default settings have UserStopDelaySec=10 so some processes are still running after the session is finished.

Depending on desktop environment or window manager you may try

     systemctl --user start exit.target

during logout if the user has no other sessions (SSH, VT, etc.)

I have not tried systemd-homed
https://systemd.io/HOME_DIRECTORY/