Re: time_t transitions in testing

On Fri, 03 May 2024 12:11:22 +0100
"mick.crane" <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello mick.crane,

>Eeeek "725 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see
>them"

Quite a few here, too.  Although not as many as you had;
46 packages removed
46 packages installed (t64 versions of the packages removed)
309 packages upgraded

However......

I have noticed that GTK apps, after 'waking up' computer when screen is
powered off, don't behave nicely(1).  I use KDE Plasma for DE, in X.

I'm playing with power saving settings (i.e. turning them off) to work
around the issue (restarting each app does the necessary if that fails),
and will see if things improve over the next few days.  Lots of kde & qt
stuff has been upgraded and things may be a little 'off' on my system.

Oh, I did reboot because of the kernel and kde/qt updates.

(1)  Buttons don't respond to mouseover events, and the window displays
contents from other apps on different desktops.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"