Re (2): Viewing an an OpenStreetMap tile offline.

Greg, Richard and all,

    From: Richard <rrosner5@gmail.com>
    Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 23:02:52 +0200
> I wouldn't even bother trying to get such ancient software up and
> running.

Straightforward.  Thanks.

> [2]: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software/Desktop

Extensive information.  Overwhelming really.

Numerous features, with significance not evident to me.  What is the
difference between "display" and "renderer"?

I need only a lightweight software to display a map tile on a Debian
laptop offline.

Editing, 3-D display, routing and other advanced features not
necessary.

Recommendations?

Thanks,                              ... P.

--
VoIP:   +1 604 670 0140
work: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:PeterEasthope