Re: Debian-Volatile Mirror for NA

Hi,

On Wednesday, 08 Jun 2005, you wrote:
> What is the expected bandwidth of a North American debian-volatile
> mirror? What are the technical requirements?

first of all, thanks for supporting debian-volatile.

Bandwidth:
~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever you can offer, but a 24/7 static synchronous link might be a
good idea.  Please note, that you will become the first mirror of
debian-volatile in NA, so network speed should be reasonable enough to
handle that.  debian-volatile is about 40MB in size at the moment, but
expect this to grow.

For comparison: The host volatile.debian.net currently has ~20GB traffic
per month (but hosting much more than only debian-volatile).

Technical Requirements:
Please offer at least HTTP and anonymous FTP. If you can offer rsync,
that would be nice, but that is no obligation. This would help to reduce
traffic on volatile.d.n, as soon as more debian-volatile mirrors become
availible in NA.

Please note, that we currently work on a solution for doing
push-mirroring for top level mirrors. But that will be announced once it
is ready.

Greetings
Martin