Re: Adding jwhois package to volatile?

Martin Zobel-Helas:

Please do so.

It's on my todo-list.

It would be okay for me, if you would add something like:

I know, I would like to do that too, but it just is too much work to detail every change like that. Especially since I also maintain the upstream and have to fill in that changelog as well...

dpkg 1.9.0 is even older than the dpkg in oldstable, so IMHO you could
remove this entry.

Right.

If you want to upload the package to volatile please keep in mind that the upgrade path from volatile to the next stable release needs to be at least as easy as from the current stable release;

Yes, that's the plan. I do have some machines running stable that I want to have the latest jwhois package on myself, so I'm not going to make it hard for myself to upgrade...

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/