Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:30:08AM -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     The social contract has as the very first item `Debian Will Remain 100%
>     Free Software'. So we need to do something to make once again clear
>     to everyone exactly what Debian is and show more clearly what we don't
>     consider to be free.
>
> Hear, hear!
>
>     I. Create a new host, nonfree.debian.org and move non-free and contrib
>        there and ask our mirrors if they can consider also mirroring that.
>
> This is better, because it gives the non-free packages
> a peripheral status, and draws people's attention primarily
> to the official Debian system.

What about contrib, ...

All stuff in contrib is perfectly free, if you want to remove them
also, you should also consider removing the exception permitting to
link with non free software ithat is part of the major components of
the system that is in the GPl clause 3.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER