vote committee progress report

While no decisions have yet been reached, it feels like we're reaching
closure on a number of issues.  What's most interesting is the concern
some of the non-debian members have for how debian developers will think
about the recommended voting mechanisms.  What's also interesting is
the balance between [well thought out] posts, simulation results and
performance criterion.  I don't know how things will appear when the
recommendations are made and the archives are posted, but at the moment
seems as if there are a number of interesting issues to consider, and
it looks like the time spent considering is well worth it.

Meanwhile, on the debian-vote side of the fence: I'm not seeing any
particular push on the social contract/DFSG issues.  Could it be that
people are waiting for the voting mechanism to be nailed down, first?

Good luck,

--
Raul