Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 05:57:04PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:

> Perhaps replace it with "delay Lenny indefinitly".

This "indefinitely" is only so because of the technical requisites that
have been decided by the Linux maintainers and by the release team.  That
is, that DFSG violations can't be fixed unless a working blob is packaged
in non-free.

There's nothing in the Social Contract or in this GR that mandates the
release is post-poned for a long time.  That would only be the consequence
of a technical decision that is not yet taken.  When you take it, it will be
your own responsibility, not that of the project.

Therefore, it doesn't belong in this GR to assert that Lenny will be delayed
indefinitely.

--
Robert Millan