Re: To Neil: 2IC

Hi Lucas,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 08:27:52PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> In your rebuttal, you are quite critical of the idea of a board.
> You raise concerns about the risk of creating a cabal, and about
> transparency and democratic accountability.
>
> I fully agree that those concerns are valid ones, and actually even
> mentioned them in my platform ("Of course, there is the risk of creating
> a cabal, and of reducing transparency. I am absolutely committed to
> avoiding that. [...]").

Indeed, but you seem to have missed out how you'll avoid it. The board
concept doesn't seem to have any details on who would serve on it at
what time, except essentially "by appointment of the DPL" when the DPL
decides that someone has done some things that the DPL wants done.

Saying that you're committed to avoiding that is fine, but the question
remains *how* you'd do so which is absent from the platform.

> On the other hand, you defer the decision about a 2IC until after the
> election.

Apologies for not making myself clearer for you on this, but I'm afraid
you're putting words into my mouth here. It's a concept that I find
interesting, and would put more thought into it when elected, but I do
not intend on appointing a 2IC.

Neil