Re: Q to all candidates: fundraising

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:09:37PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> Question(s) to all candidates:
> What is your perception of fundraising in and around Debian?

Short of DebConf (and more recently Outreachy), we don't do anything of
significance.

> If anything, what changes would you like to help implement?

I don't think that Debian has ever really needed to raise funds in a
significant way, for ongoing costs at least. Also see Gergely's answer
for general ideas around fundraising, he's picked up on some of the main
ideas I would look for in dedicated fundraising (matching, stretch goals
etc all work well).

Again though, if there's something that someone wants to do to improve
what we do, then let's do that.

Neil