Re: More women in key positions ?

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Given the role of the Project leader in appointing members of the
> technical committee, one possibillity would be to delay appointments
> of new members until the technical committee recommends at least one
> woman.

In order for the TC to recommend someone, they must first be nominated
and accept, or nominate themselves.

Claiming that the lack of women on the TC can be resolved simply by
forcing the TC to do so is simplistic. It also seems to me to be
insulting to the many highly skilled women in Debian with whom I would
be happy to serve on the TC with, had they been interested in serving.

J.W. Grant: "Bastard!"
Rico: "Yes, Sir. In my case, an accident of birth. But you, Sir,
you're a self-made man."
 -- Henry "Rico" Fardan in "The Professionals"