Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

    Roberto> Given the rush to shorten the discussion period and make it
    Roberto> a simple yes/no vote, it does not seem likely that a
    Roberto> well-worded statement could be put together, seconded, and
    Roberto> then discussed.

If someone is working on specific text and either asks for  more time or
asks for more time to collect seconds, I think going back to the normal
two week discussion period would be the right approach.
In my original message I talked about circumstances might come up where
more discussion was required.
That's the exact circumstance I was thinking of.
I didn't want to encourage ballot option proliferation, so I didn't
spell things out.
I'd prefer a simple up/down vote myself.

But I don't think we should use the process to stop people from
proposing options.
I think it's reasonable to expect them to work diligently and
efficiently, but I do not think we should shorten discussion in this
instance if people working on a specific alternative need time.

--Sam