Re: Results for Voting secrecy

Felix Lechner <felix.lechner@lease-up.com> writes:

> I suppose you and Kurt are saying that the denominator in the majority
> calculation is so exactly described that there is no room to read any
> protective spirit into the language of the constitution.

This is what I'm saying.  Obviously I can't speak for Kurt.

Debian is a project that is run according to a set of rules that we have
collectively agreed to follow.  Those rules, when it comes to determining
the outcome of a vote, are straightforward and unambiguous (if not exactly
simple).  They do not include provisions for the Project Secretary, the
DPL, or anyone else to disregard the plain language of the constitution.
If someone wants to change those rules, they can do so with a GR.