Debian's 30th Birthday (was: Re: Platform)

Hi Paulo

On 2023/03/15 16:29, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:
I believe this year is a special because it's 30 years of Debian.

So we need a speciall call for celebration 😄

I agree, last year I was swamped around Debian's birthday nearly even missed it altogether. I was thinking then that it would be a lost opportunity to not do something bigger for the 30th.

How enthusiastic are you about this? Would you be willing to put together a team who could help manage a 30th birthday? This could be great for local teams, especially if we could try something like 30 birthday parties in 30 cities across the world, and perhaps 30 talks/events that could be broadcasted during the event.

Might be nice to set it up DebConf-style, complete with a wafer site and have the video infra up for it, but I'm just spitballing here. Either way, I'm very happy to support a team who work on 30th birthday celebrations, and the budget for it won't be a problem. If some people from local teams could get together to brainstorm and plan it, I'm sure it could be something very memorable.

-Jonathan