Q to Sruthi: technical goals and relevance of Debian

Hi Sruthi,

In your platform and answers to questions here, I feel that you mainly
focus on the "behind the scenes" aspects of Debian for the public, that
is, how the project works.

This is of course extremely important, but to put it bluntly, I believe
that for Debian to be successful, it first needs to be good at what it
produces (the distribution). Being a diverse and welcoming and generally
well-functionning community is nice, but not very important if what we
produce becomes irrelevant and nobody cares about Debian anymore.

Do you agree?

Regarding what we produce, what do you perceive as the main challenges
ahead? What are our main weaknesses to address them? What are the big
threats that we will likely have to face in the next years? Are there
opportunities we could leverage?

Of course, as the DPL, it is unlikely that you will find the time to
work on those challenges yourself. But you will have many opportunities
to draw attention to topics of importance (in interviews, talks, bits,
etc.), or, when allocating ressources (e.g. Debian funds) to prioritize
one topic or another.

Best,

Lucas