Re: Question to all voters: Is team upload in some example case OK? (Was: Question to all candidates: What are your technical goals)

Hi Holger,

Am Fri, Apr 05, 2024 at 10:42:35AM +0000 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> On Fri, Apr 05, 2024 at 12:26:03PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > also: (NMU-)uploads to DELAYED/15 are great.
> > Sorry, I do not feel my time well spent on just curing a symptom
> > (unfixed RC bug) via NMU instead of addressing the underlying cause
> > that the package is maintained by a single person.
>
> so you value your values and needs higher than our shared and agreed values.

I do not think that we agreed upon how volunteers might spent their
time.  There is a patch in BTS for the said bug and I take the freedom
to not NMU.  At the time of writing it seems every other developer
prefers to do other things than uploading the patch.  No idea how you
conclude from this fact to some values I'm weighting differently.

What I want to find out is:  Are the values we agreed upon meeting
todays needs or not?  Is the developer community interested in some
change I might start or not?  Please take this discussion as my way to
find some pain points in the discussion to act more sensibly on
debian-devel once we might talk about new ways.

> noted.
>
> (also, pressuring people to accept more co-maintainers can have serious
> side effects as became very visible last weekend with xz upstream...)

Seems that case makes a great argument which is pretty popular these
days.  I'd love to have some explanation in how far it matches the
example I gave.

I have no means to pressure anybody - neither to make a maintainer
accept contributions nor any co-maintainer to provide any contribution.
My point is to enable better chances for cooperation between people we
trust anyway.

> Make facts great again.

Yeah!

Kind regards