Re: Build fails for liboauth on all architectures because of the tests

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 11:13:54AM -0400, Nicolas Mora wrote:
> Hello team,
>
> I'm trying to figure out why libauth2's package build fail on all mandatory
> architectures when the same build and manual test run fine on my machine:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=liboauth2&suite=experimental
>
> For what I see, a tcp socket bind fails at the beginning (a http server),
> then multiple test below depending on this http server fail in cascade.
>
> The http server listens on port 8888 and listens to INADDR_ANY, I don't know
> if one of these is the cause of the problem.
>
> Do you have an idea on how to reproduce and solve this issue?

You shouldn't assume that port 8888 (or any given port) is free.  Either
use a random high port, or let the kernel choose it for you.

(We don't currently isolate the build environment network from the
host's, and 8888 is in use on those machines.)

Cheers,
Julien