Re: PEAR packages - how to repackage?

On Thursday 30 of June 2005 20:49, Charles Fry wrote:
> Another viable [1]approach would be to copy the original archive to
> *.orig.tar.gz, and then to extract it inside of the package directory.
> That way package.xml is in the right place. The only disadvantage is
> that there all of the real archive contents are in a subdirectory, but
> it does make the orig.tar.gz cleaner.
>
>    1. http://www.madism.org/debian.pear.php
>
> That said, I still think I prefer having a clean package directory than
> an unmodified orig.tar.gz.

So this file shouldn't be named "orig.tar.gz" anymore. Should we add "dsN" to
the filename like libc6 using it?

I'd like to see some consistent policy about that because updating the
packages is no easy task if there are so many way to package the original
source.

--
 .''`.    Piotr Roszatycki, Netia SA
: :' :    mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl