Re: Fwd: RFS: libphp-jabber , bug #293477

hi, and sorry for the late reply!

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 05:18:26PM +0100, Esteban Manchado Velázquez wrote:
> > I am open to suggestions and I need someone to upload that package.
>
>     Should this be named php-jabber or php4-jabber (or perhaps libjabber-php,
> but _not_ libphp-jabber...)? Seems to be the current naming convention...

yes, i believe that libjabber-php would be the preferred naming scheme.
note that this is how perl and java packages do their add-on libraries,
and that there is in fact already a libnet-jabber-perl package so it'd
be following two trends at the same time :)

package naming for php isn't something that's been set in stone though.
indeed, even our attempts at coming up with a working draft for a php
policy haven't solidified on a particular stance iirc.

	sean