Re: Help with Debian solr/jetty install?

Hi all,

I'm the maintainer of the Debian solr-jetty package, so I thought I'd
step in. Solr-jetty worked with an earlier version of the Debian Jetty
package, but it doesn't any more with the current Jetty version.
Moreover, the snoop.jsp demo page (http://localhost:8280/snoop.jsp) also
doesn't work, and gives the same error message
(javax.servlet.error.exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java
compiler available). I think the issue is with the Debian Jetty
packaging, not with Solr. I'll try and contact the maintainer of the
Debian jetty package.

Phillip Farber wrote:

> Hmmm.  I'm not seeing solar.war anywhere under the solr symlinked from
> /usr/share/jetty/webapps.  Is that the problem here?
No, it's meant to be that way. What you see in /usr/share/solr is
(mostly) the unpacked solr.war, the same way jetty would unpack it if
you placed it in /usr/share/jetty/webapps.
>> have you by any chance attempted to get the debian install of jetty
>> to  compile/run a simple helloworld.jsp ?  If that doesn't work, then
>> you have a much more fundemental problem with the way Jetty is setup
>> then anything related to Solr.
>
> I haven't tried that.  I'd have to get proficient in JSP :-)
As I wrote above, snoop.jsp does not work with Jetty either. I'll file a
bug on the jetty Debian package.

Cheers,

Jan-Pascal