Re: Packaging newer wine-development versions?

On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:50:35 -0700, James Lu <james@overdrivenetworks.com>
wrote:
> New versions have been slow lately because we've just exited freeze for
> the Buster release. While Debian is in the process of making a release,
> unstable is generally used as a staging ground for bug fixes instead of
> pushing new releases[1].
>
> Now that the freeze is over, we'll hopefully get new versions soon :)
>
> [1]: https://release.debian.org/buster/freeze_policy.html

In addition to this, the packaging team’s policy has traditionally been to
upload all Wine releases, since support for applications can vary from one
version to another; this ensures that users can find whatever version they
need, packaged, from Debian snapshots. The uploads are usually cadenced with
migrations to testing; 4.3-2 migrated to testing last Wednesday, and Michael
uploaded 4.4-1 on the same day. So it will take a few weeks before the
development releases are caught up in Debian.

Regards,

Stephen