Re: A list for D-W translators (|| स्वक्ष ||)

On 01/08/2005, at 12:44 AM, || स्वक्ष || svaksha wrote:

Hello Everyone !!

On 7/29/05, Helen Faulkner <helen@debian.org> wrote:

Now I am interested:

How many people on this mailing list are interested in doing translation work
but have not yet done any for Debian?

I translate for Ubuntu using Rosetta for Sanskrit and Marathi. I am
not sure how it is integrated eventually but I would like to know.
We are doing the translation for each package and the Rosetta
interface is simple, nice and well organized.
<snip>

Welcome, || स्वक्ष || ! It's really great to see you posting here. Keep it up. :)

I'd like to talk more with you about the Unicode issues for your language, and about possibly using Pootle instead of Rosetta: I've used both, and I'm very involved with Pootle development now, so I'd be happy to help with that.

This means joining two more groups, ;), sorry, but they're both places where you have access to a lot of expertise. You'll meet the same people there: for example, both Christian and I are members of both lists. Hopefully we can meet more of our 'new' and 'old' D-W friends there. :)

debian-i18n

<mailto:debian-i18n-request@lists.debian.org?subject=subscribe>

would be a great place to post in more detail about the Unicode issues for your language. Undoubtedly a lot of the packages you're translating will be used in Debian, and many translators work in multiple projects, so general translation questions are, I think, on- topic in any i18n list.

translate-pootle