a woman has nominated for DPL

Hello everyone,

Long time no see and all of that.

I'm a few days behind the news (sick baby - I haven't been online much), but I am delighted to see that Marga Manterola has nominated herself for Debian Project Leader in the current elections. It's the first time a woman has ever nominated for these elections.

I think this is a very significant moment, and demonstrates just how far Debian has come since the early days of this project. A few years ago having a woman run for DPL would have been inconceivable for many people.

Good on you Marga, and may the best potential DPL win!

Helen