Re: Trying to get conclusions from Debian Women Statistics

Excerpts from Margarita Manterola's message of Don Aug 26 14:34:13 +0200 2010:
> > I also wonder about the same graph for all
> > the contributors to the project, whether the increase rates and the
> > conversion between first uploads and the number of DDs, DMs (or NMs)
> > are comparable. Would it be possible to try to get some indicators
> > from the statistics in the way I'm mentioning? It might provide clues
> > about the most effective measures to take.
>
> This one is more tricky, because even if the first upload info is
> there, the creation of DD account is not listed in the main page, it
> has to be fetched person by person.  It could probably be scripted
> somehow, but I don't really feel like doing it.  If anyone wants to do
> it, go ahead.
>
> For the record, I don't think it would be much different.  It probably
> is very very similar, only that in the case of DW the numbers are more
> easily manageable.

In my experience the easiest way to find out when a certain person
became a DD is to look at the debian-keyring changelog. I have written
a script which parses this information for my research. It's online at
http://gaudenz.durcheinandertal.ch/thesis/. It's in the scripts
tarball on this site. The script you are looking for is
debian_keyring.py.

The script is probably not directly useable because it feeds the data
into an SQL database, but might serve as a starting point and you
could reuse the changelog parser.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.