Re: my first try on changing the design of web site front page

Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Depending on the rest of the layout :) Red links are a bit too "agressive".
> Maybe I'm too used to the traditional blue for links.

It's very important the one keep the traditional colors for links and
followed links. See "Top Ten Mistakes in Web Design"
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9605.html, point #8:

  8. Non-Standard Link Colors

  Links to pages that have not been seen by the user are blue; links to
  previously seen pages are purple or red. Don't mess with these colors
  since the ability to understand what links have been followed is one
  of the few navigational aides that is standard in most web browsers.
  Consistency is key to teaching users what the link colors mean.

--
see shy jo