Re: broken link - - - Reference Card - Translations

Hi,

On 19/11/2011 19:25, Holger Wansing wrote:

> Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> wrote:
>> Vince Forgetta <forgetta@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The two links entitled "Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card" at
>>> http://www.debian.org/doc/ do not exists anymore

>> This link has been changed to
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/refcard/refcard

Indeed, this issue has been raised in #647062, is solved on the website,
and is pending for the refcard package.

>> which brings you to the english version of the refcard.

No, it doesn't. Thanks to content negotiation, it actually brings the
preferred available language translation to the reader, providing that
the browser is actually set up correctly [1].

	1: http://www.debian.org/intro/cn

>> As translator of the german version:
>> Maybe we should tell users that there are also translations
>> available?

It's not needed since the translation is already served.

> Or even better:
> Link to http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#refcard
> which provides a list of all available languages with
> direct links.

Well, this page is already linked from the IMHO already too long index
page [2], so I doubt it would be a good idea add sentences there. On the
other hand adding such a link in the *Manuals specific to Debian* →
/Users' manuals/ list won't make the page longer, but the index page
would then offer three section about the Debian Reference Card (I don't
know if it's a good or bad idea, but maybe should we discuss this before
changing the page in that direction). Feel free to coordinate with the
documentation team if you wish to improve this page.

	2: http://www.debian.org/doc/

Regards

David