Re: i815 patch to 3.3.6

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 04:48:16PM +0100, Narancs 1 wrote:

> I'm hesitant to do this because updates to released versions of Debian
> packages are typically only done for security vulnerabilities or serious
> package breakage.  What you describe is basically a feature request.
I see.

> Unofficial XFree86 4.x .debs are available at
> <http://www.debian.org/~branden> and are very close to a releasable state.
> They should work with the kernel version you are using.

Yes I currently use them!
They are very good, but my problem has nothing to do with packaging 4.0.1,
but the flicker of the driver or agpgart or x4.0.1 svga server
> Soon, hopefully within the next week or so, I will be releasing these 4.x
> packages to woody.  There are efforts underway to produce unofficial potato
> versions of these 4.x packages for people who don't want to upgrade their
> whole system to woody (the official 4.x packages will depend on woody's GNU
> C Library, which is a major change from potato's).

I see. it's all good, we are happy to hear that.
Unfortunatelly, I couldn't compile xfree3.3.6, although I installed
everithing that you mention in the control file.
It fails on xfs.
Could you just send me a binary xserver-svga*.deb with that patch?
I cannot use this machine at all for X yet.
I downloaded the binary X server from intel, but that was able to run only
in 320x200/8 , too.

X 4.0.1 of yours runs fine in the mean of resolutions, but that flickers
so hard on ide access on any refresh rate, that we are unable to use it.
I wrote a bugreport to linuxkernel and xfree guys, but no answer yet.

I'm afraid I will not be able to configure / set up x 3.3.6 with this hw.
There is no agpgart in 2.2.17 i guess, only by patch.

10x
Narancs v1