[xfree86 4.0.1] problems

Hello, I have some problems installing xfree86 4.0.1-0phase2v29. I am
not sure if I should report his as a bug, since 4.0.1 is still not in
the main distribution.

- Xlib doesn't support locales, so some programs crash or print warnings
  - and it was not funny to search for the reason of this crashes.

- Xserver don't want to connect to the font server, reason:
| X Error of failed request:  86
|   Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
|   Serial number of failed request:  9
|   Current serial number in output stream:  11

  The font server is ok, I tried this with xfs and xfstt.

- XFree86 -configure doesn't work, it crashes (sig11) soon after probing
  cirrus_alpine.o.

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
Eduard Bloch <eb@zombie.inka.de>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(GnuPG): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04  5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5
**
Die gute alte Zeit ist nichts anderes als eine rückwärts datierte Utopie.
                                                           (Erich Wiesner)