Re: people.debian.org/~branden

Yeah, it may be a large process, but building X from source is a good way
to get your KDE/gnome or whatever gui environment fits your fancy.  I had
to build X due to trying to figure out problems with my old video card.
One has to have alot of space (about 850 Mb of space), and patience. It
took me about 5 hours to compile X on an AMD k6-2/350. Then again, I was
using the computer, too.   And you can always place the X packages on
hold. Most other packages will work ok with little changes.

-- Derek.