turning xprt into xprint

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 03:11 -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> The xprt package will be gone from XFree86 as of the next package release.
>
> Please create a dummy package called "xprt", which depends on
> "xprt-xprintorg".

Upon further thought, I've decided my whim is to repackage Xprint this
way:

Recombine data files with binaries (xprt-xprintorg + xprt-common) and
call the new binary package xprint.

To my mind, this makes more sense as a package name, and makes the init
file (/etc/init.d/xprint) consistent with the package name, which I
understand to be normal Debian practice.  For comparison, upstream rpms
are identified as "xprint" (e.g.
xprint-2004-07-07-release_009_001-0.9.001.i386.rpm) But SuSE seems to
use Xprt (e.g. xorg-x11-Xprt-6.8.2rc2-0.1.i586.rpm).

Then both xprt and xprt-xprintorg will become dummy packages depending
on xprint.  I will remove xprt-xprintorg once dependencies
(x-window-system and the mozillas) have been updated to xprint,
hopefully before sarge. xprt-common will disappear immediately.

I might as well do the same with the source package while I'm at it
(change xprint-xprintorg to xprint).  It doesn't look like the
xprint.org domain will be created anytime soon, especially now that this
Xprint version is officially recognised as the X.org version.

Can anyone see any clear problems with naming the binary package
"xprint" rather than "xprt" ?

Drew