Re: svn management, git, etc

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 01:48:58PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 07:15:21PM +0000, David Nusinow wrote:
> [...]
> > I need to clean out the uploaders fields of packages, but basically my
> > policy on the issue is that the uploaders field defines who is the person
> > taking final responsibility within the XSF for the package. If you just
> > want to hack on things generally, please do so, but don't add your name to
> > the uploaders field unless you want to take full responsibility for any
> > changes in the package, including shielding your fellow teammates from
> > criticism for mistakes they've made.
>
> Okay, but the upload is then considered as an NMU. Lintian complains
> and bugs are not closed, this is not ideal.
> Maybe XSF people could put their name in the Uploaders field in the

To be quite honest, I don't care if lintian complains about this, and nor
should you. Lintian doesn't get to decide how we run the XSF, and I'm not
going to let it dictate a sub-optimal policy to us.

I think it's vastly more important to have at least one person taking full
responsibility for every package maintained by the team than it is to have
lintian be 100% happy. I don't want a zillion people in the uploaders field
while only one or two actually make regular uploads, like we see in the
Gnome team.

Everyone should feel free to scratch any itch they feel like, but I want
there to be a sense of ownership that's available if people want it.

 - David Nusinow