xfce4 upgrade (testing) has lost brightness key bindings.

I am running xfce4 under testing on a Clevo laptop.
After an 'apt upgrade' this morning, the laptop keys for brightness up &
down no longer work. Other 'special' keys do seem to continue working.

The only way that I can now control the screen brightness is with an
echo as root to /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness

I have examined /var/log/dpkg to see which package upgrade might be
responsible, and nothing is obvious, except maybe desktop-file-utils:amd64 0.27-1

But I attach the (gzipped) part of the dpkg log in case it is another
package or perhaps an installation trigger from one of them.

I have had other problems with xfce4 upgrades over the last month or so
silently changing my settings for suspend timeouts and the like. In fact
they seem to be broken.

It is far from clear how to use report-bug for this sort of thing given
that it is hard for a casual user to find which package is responsible.

Actually, I have just found

Package: xfce4-power-manager
Section: xfce
Installed-Size: 483
Maintainer: Debian Xfce Maintainers <debian-xfce@lists.debian.org>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 4.18.3-2

which looks as if it may be the culprit.
I will try a reportbug on that.

I hope this is sufficient information for an initial enquiry. Thank you
for your work on xfce4.

I tried
$ xbacklight -get
and got: