Re: Bug #37276

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Marc Haber wrote:

> I still keep getting these funky "Alot of package entires were
> discarded, perhaps this CD is funny" errors. Do need another strace?

Since it said there where xxx mismatched entires that means that 200 odd
files existed but had the wrong size. This is probably because whatever
you are using to mount the CD is not honouring the symlinks encoded in it.
This is an interesting problem, in theory APT could best-guess an answer
by substituting binary-i386 with binary-all ..

Incidently, that would explain why you had problems before, since the
symlinks are not working apt-cdrom was forced to rewrite the filenames in
the package file (that was where the bug was)

Try this new version at http://www.debian.org/~jgg/apt_0.3.6.1_i386.deb it
might work. (send me a strace of apt-cdrom if it doesn't)

You other troubles are because you don't have the right disk inserted, it
wants 2_4 main, the one you ran apt-cdrom over was 1_4 (check your
sources.list)

Jason