Apt working with rpms?

        Hi there.

        I'm a Debian user and, since February, I've been working for
Conectiva <http://www.conectiva.com> , a Linux distribution in Brazil that
uses RPMs.
        As every Debian user, I'm a big fan of apt-get. Of course, when I
came to Conectiva, I looked for similar programs. I've found a few,
actually, but none nearly as good as apt.
        Now, from what I've heard and read and the quick look I took at the
apt-get source code, it seems to me it leaves space for other packaging
formats.
        Has any effort in that direction ever been made? Do you think it
would be possible (or should I say "practical")?
        Thanks in advance,

                rbp
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel <rbp@sp.conectiva.com.br>|  GPG KeyID: 0x81F85A48
 LinuxSP                 <http://www.linuxsp.org.br>|      Fingerprint: