APT and APT-PROXY integration: feature request.

Hello, lists!

Sorry for the cross-post, I thought it would make sense to send to both
lists.

Suppose APT-PROXY implemented the HTTP request "HEAD", where the package
would be downloaded, but not served to the client.

Then, "sources.list" could allow a URI of the type "local-proxy" (or
whatever). When using this URI type, the package would be downloaded,
but extracted directly from the cache like if the type "file" was being
used.

And better, if APT-PROXY implemented a URL that could answer where the
wanted file is in the "cache", APT would not depend on the internal
organization of the cache.

Is this a good idea? I am not sure this idea would be new, since I think
many people don't feel good about having two copies of the "deb" files
on the same machine.

Cheers,
André Caldas.
PS: I am not a subscriber of this list.