Re: RFC: The Future of Solving Dependency Problems in APT (SAT, CUDF)

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 03:19:55PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> > On the other hand, i would like to claim CUDF for me as i am currently
> > in the process of setting up a stay at "mancoosi headquarter" around
> > April to work on teaching APT how to read/write CUDF and doing
> > something meaningful in between. :)
>
> I thought mancoosi ends in February - the website states "The project
> has started February 1st, 2008, and will have a duration of 3 years.".

I'm flattered about how much you folks know about the project :-)

That said, the project has been extended 6 months (and thanks for
noticing that we need to mention that on the homepage!). ... but the
actual end date of the project doesn't matter much for us. We have
opened up a research center called IRILL (http://www.irill.org); the
"Mancoosi group" which is hosted there is interested in dependency
solving issues and is also interested in working/helping the
communities, with a love for Debian which is difficult to hide. So, no
matter the actual end date, we'll have people working on dependency
solving issues.

Cheers.