Re: non-essential adduser poses problems to purging packages

Hi,

On 5/22/23 19:33, Marc Haber wrote:

As far as I've understood, adduser's "deluser" command can remove all
remaining files and optionally make a backup -- that's its main advantage
over passwd's "userdel", which isn't Essential either, but at least

Independent of what you do to solve the issue at hand, please DON'T give
package maintainers the idea that deluser might be obsolete and DON'T
encourage them to move to userdel in their prerm/postrm.

Indeed, that would be bad -- last but not least because it's not policy compliant either, which is why I haven't listed it as one of the options.

   Simon