Re: [gopher] Updated Gopher RFC

On 10/05/2012, Wolfgang Faust <wolfgangmcq@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't use CGI myself, but I thought that it was implemented server-side
> and had nothing to do with the protocol or the clients.
I thought it might be nice to outline a standard server 'feature set'.
>The 'general' text boxes is a good feature, but was already implemented in Gopher+
Firstly, the gopher+ protocol is so poorly defined, I cannot get my
head round it. Secondly, just because something has been implmented
does not mean it cannot be implemented ina better, more flexible way.
Thirdly, no client or server supports gopher+ anymore and I do not wat
use UMN.
> reflect the spirit of the original gopher protocol.
Maybe you could put it in a different RFC?