Re: [gopher] You think MIME types is the killer feature ? LOLz

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Nuno J. Silva <nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt> wrote:
The RFC could then say:

  Specific formats not listed above [table of "official" item types]
  should be served under generic selectors, either '9', the selector
  for binary items, or one of the more specific general-purpose binary
  selectors 'I' (image), ';' (video) or 'd' (document).

  Formats that already have a specific selector listed above should not
  be served under any of the generic selectors.
What about text-based formats (eg. XML)? Should they be served with 9 (because they're not listed) or 0 (because they're text-based)?

And Cameron's interesting mime/type field could then be used (at least?)
for 9, I, ; and d, even if not included in the standard.
The idea of having a separate mime-type field is an interesting idea, but I don't think I'd encourage it.

--
01010111 01101111 01101100 01100110