Re: [gopher] OverbiteFF 3.0 beta

> > > This needs testing, so this is a beta with debugging on. Locales are
> > > incomplete.
> >
> > After I posted this I thought of a way to smooth this out, but let's see how
> > people do with the basic client first.
>
> No idea what you're talking about, but the beta seems to work ok. Looks
> better than the offical release, too.

The main problem I was wrestling with was how to get caps data pre-fetched
in a transparent manner. The proxy just launches a background process, and
no one minds if the proxy server blocks for a few seconds to get it. But
blocking the browser isn't very nice, and my previous attempt with chrome
workers (before this one) had serious synchronization issues.

Right now it assumes that there is caps data, and fails gracefully if there
isn't, but I want to fix those edge cases a bit better and I think I have an
idea about it that will work the majority of the time.

-- I see nothing! Nothing! -- Sgt. Schultz, "Hogan's Heroes" ------------------