Re: [gopher] finger URLs in Overbite

On Sun, Sep 02, 2012 at 08:32:05PM -0700, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> > Is there a reason that OverbiteFF does not support
> > the finger URI scheme described here:
> >
> > http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uri-url-finger-03
> It's straightforward to add, I suppose. I'll put it on the round tuit list.

Cool, thanks. I'll continue publishing finger URLs as described
in the ID then. For some reason I thought it was a standard and
that OverbiteFF already implemented it, then I clicked one and
nothing happened.

I plan to use finger to show load on hosts for students to
select a login host, so I've deployed OverbiteFF on all the
machines in Room 205 (the room with the webcam). It also allows
them to see the society's Gophersite (which I still need to
finish).

Iain.