Re: good gopher article by Cory Doctorow

Paul Lindner <lindner@inuus.com> writes:

> All early Gopher clients had bookmarks so you could easily keep track.  In
> fact some gopher
> clients would default to your bookmarks on startup.

Yes, the bookmarking feature was really useful.  I seem to recall using
the reference gopher client from late 1993 to 1995, with my bookmarks
shown by default at startup.  With a good shell provider back in the
day, the command line was really not that difficult to use.  I remember
using mail, netnews, and gopher from a Unix prompt years before I really
knew all that much about Unix.

-- Chris