Re: netdb.h, reentrant libc, h_errno

"Wichmann, Mats D" <mats.d.wichmann@intel.com> writes:

> Well, I'll add a few of my own comments:
>
> ordinary (non-kernel) programmers are not supposed to include
> many of the <sys> headers that have /usr/include equivalents;
> so certainly sys/file.h and sys/signal.h should not be added.
> That does mean "porting work" for folks who want to be LSB
> conforming, but that's always been the way for source standards.
>
> features.h and memory.h seem to be common inclusions, and
> they're ones that are not familiar to me from my mostly
> non-Linux background so I have no idea what to say about them.
> Anybody?

features.h is included by almost every glibc header and contains some
basic information.  Without features.h you cannot use glibc at all.
Without having loked at your environment, I would say add it.

memory.h is essentially a different name for string.h.  It shouldn't
be needed by any other headers - and everybody that needs this header
can use string.h instead.  Please drop it.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de