Re: PROPOSAL: command line for LSB package program

Erik Troan wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > Actually from the rpm world we've found people want
> >
> > o     Install
> > o     Upgrade or install if not present
> > o     Upgrade
>
>   o     Upgrade or install if present
>
> I haven't seen a demand for the second in this list actually.

If you're talking about the equivalent of "rpm -F", I think it is really
necessary.

I personally wish we would just standardize RPM instead... it really has
become the de facto standard in the Linux world.  I realize this is
politically incorrect to say in front of Slackware and Debian people,
but it really is the truth.

	-hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt