Re: PROPOSAL: command line for LSB package program

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Daniel Quinlan wrote:

> H. Peter Anvin writes:
>
> > Yes.
>
> Okay, do we know whether or not rpm(8) will ever change?  It could
> cause problems in the latter case.

It's been backwards compatible on the command line since RPM 1.0, written
in perl.

Red Hat will make an arbitrarily strong commitment to keeping RPM's command
line as a superset of a given standard (i.e., we'll add things but not remove
or change them).

Erik

|            "Who is John Galt?" - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand		      |
|  Linux Application Development  --  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad   |