_IO_*

Stuart asked me for all those _IO_* symbols that appcheck shows.

The following symbols should be documented as part of the ABI (not
part of the API) since they can appear in C programs:

_IO_2_1_stderr_: mangle of stderr
_IO_2_1_stdin_: mangle of stdin
_IO_2_1_stdout_: mangle of stdout
_IO_feof: Mangle of feof
_IO_getc: Mangle for getc
_IO_putc: Mangle for putc
_IO_puts: Mangle for puts

All the other symbols on the list Stuart send me, are part of the
internal libio interface between C++ in gcc 2.95.3 (and older gcc's)
and glibc.

The new libstdc++ library coming with gcc 3.0 will not use the libio
interface.  Since we will not specify C++ in LSB 1.0, I propose to
leave these functions out of the standard.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de