Re: LSB spec included commands

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> > remove:
> >   compress ("gzip" instead)
> >   uncompress ("gunzip" instead)
>
> Can gunzip natively handle .Z files. If so then I agree

from the README:

gzip produces files with a .gz extension. Previous versions of gzip
used the .z extension, which was already used by the 'pack'
Huffman encoder. gunzip is able to decompress .z files (packed
or gzip'ed).

and tested it does natively. but i'm not sure it can does to compress
to .Z files.

> >   cal
>
> What applications need cal ? Cal seems to be a western calendar for limited
> year ranges with no useful features for applications

agreed.

--
MandrakeSoft Inc                     http://www.chmouel.org
                      --Chmouel