lsb-fhs status

hi All,

I thought i'd send a quick status update on the lsb-fhs test suite.

On the test specification side , I believe that is now stable
apart from a couple of issues related to mandated files in the FHS
specification. I found a couple of typos in some of the assertions
when implementing the  remaining /dev tests and the latest
version is available at
ftp://ftp.xopen.org/pub/lsb/test/LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.01c

On the test suite itself, the 0.9beta release now incorporates the
complete set of testcases. I'm going to give it 4-6 weeks to get  further
feedback before declaring the beta test complete.

I've also now added a web page describing the test suite at
http://www.opengroup.org/testing/lsb-fhs

One thing the assertions/tests have identified is a
set of problems  in the underlying FHS spec , which I've sent to
Dan for consideration. Where the lsb-spec/lsb-test mailing lists have
acknowledged the  problem i've marked the tests as warnings rather than
failures for the  moment ( i suspect there are  still a few of these left,
especially in the list of required files in /etc - but I did not get
enough response on the mailing list to assess whether there was
concensus).

If you have any comments/suggestions for changes  or improvements for
the next  delta let me know.

Lastly, I'm also looking for other areas where the LSB needs
test coverage -  so if you have any suggestions please let me know.
regards
Andrew